Crusty Chicken Goulash
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken breast fillet||1 Pound, cut into strips (500 Gram)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon (Puree)|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup, 125 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup, 125 Milliliter)|
|Natural yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|For sour cream crust|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (125 Gram)|
|Sour cream||9 1⁄2 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce, sifted (1 Cup, 125 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan and cook onions, stirring, over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Remove onions from pan and set aside. Combine paprika and flour in a plastic food bag, add chicken, shake to coat with flour mixture, then shake off excess flour mixture.
2. Heat remaining oil in frying pan and cook chicken, stirring, over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Return onions to pan, stir in tomato paste (puree), wine and stock. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt and cool.
3. To make crust, place butter, sour cream and egg in a bowl. Stir in flour and parsley and mix well to combine (a).
4. To assemble, place crust mixture in an 8 cup/2 liter/3 1/2 pt lightly greased casserole dish and work mixture to cover sides and base of dish (b).
5. Spoon filling into crust (c), cover with lid of dish and bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 35 minutes. Remove lid and bake for 10 minutes longer.