Crusty Chicken Goulash
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken breast fillet||1 Pound, cut into strips (500 Gram)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon (Puree)|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup, 125 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup, 125 Milliliter)|
|Natural yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|For sour cream crust|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (125 Gram)|
|Sour cream||9 1⁄2 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce, sifted (1 Cup, 125 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan and cook onions, stirring, over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden. Remove onions from pan and set aside. Combine paprika and flour in a plastic food bag, add chicken, shake to coat with flour mixture, then shake off excess flour mixture.
2. Heat remaining oil in frying pan and cook chicken, stirring, over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Return onions to pan, stir in tomato paste (puree), wine and stock. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt and cool.
3. To make crust, place butter, sour cream and egg in a bowl. Stir in flour and parsley and mix well to combine (a).
4. To assemble, place crust mixture in an 8 cup/2 liter/3 1/2 pt lightly greased casserole dish and work mixture to cover sides and base of dish (b).
5. Spoon filling into crust (c), cover with lid of dish and bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 35 minutes. Remove lid and bake for 10 minutes longer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3142 Calories from Fat 1688
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295%
Saturated Fat 98.2 g490.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 867.8 mg289.3%
Sodium 2274.1 mg94.8%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.6%
Sugars 43.4 g
Protein 146 g291.1%
Vitamin A 204.7% Vitamin C 138.5%
Calcium 102.9% Iron 89.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet