Orange Scented Roast Goose
|Goose||8 Pound (1 Goose)|
|Orange||1 , thinly sliced crosswise|
|Dried rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the goose with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Cut out all the extra fat from goose. Reserve if required for other dishes.
3. Prick the goose all over with a fork.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F
5. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. The pot should be able to comfortably contain the goose for cooking.
6. Add the goose and cook for 30 minutes or till done. Drain the water and set aside
7. Loosen the skin over the breast and the back portions of the goose and slide orange slices under the skin.
8. Slip in rosemary to add to the flavor.
9. Place the goose on a roasting rack and roast for 2 hours till done.
10. Remove skin just before serving
11. Serve hot with a sauce made from the goose stock.