Roasted Breast Of Goose
|Wild geese breast||2 (From 2 Birds)|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon, mild|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped bell pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) With a knife, cut breast from the geese and remove the skin. You can reserve the other parts for preparing gumbo or other dishes.
3) Combine salt, red pepper and black pepper and rub the breast with this mix.
4) In a Dutch oven, place the meat.
5) To this, add chopped onion, bell pepper and garlic.
6) Gently add oleo and then water.
7) Cover and cook in the preheated oven, for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, turning many times in between.
8) When the meat is tender, remove from the pot. Let it cool well.
9) Slice the meat into pieces. Transfer to a casserole dish along with the sauce and cover.
10) Keep the dish back in the warm oven and serve hot.