|Apple stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Set out a shallow roasting pan with rack.
2. Clean goose (and cut off neck at body, leaving skin).
3 Rinse andspat goose dry with absorbent paper. Set aside.
4. Prepare Apple Stuffing for Poultry and cool.
5. Rub cavity of goose with salt.
6. Lightly fill body and neck cavities with stuffing. To close body cavity, sew or skewer and lace with cord. Fasten neck skin to back with skewer. Loop cord around legs and tighten slightly. Place goose breast down on rack in roasting pan.
7. Roast at 325°F for 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hrs. or until goose tests done. Allow about 25 min. per pound.
8. To test doneness, move leg gently by grasping end of bone; the thigh joint should move easily. (Protect fingers with cloth or paper.) During roasting period, spoon off fat occasionally as it accumulates. This fat may be used in other cooking.
9. Remove skewers and cord. Serve goose on heated platter. Garnish with parsley.