Microwave Roasted Goose
|Goose||8 1⁄2 Pound|
1. If goose is frozen, defrost in Microwave Oven or goose may be defrosted by placing it in the refrigerator overnight or until thawed.
2. Remove neck and giblets from the body cavity and use as desired. Invert a heat-resistant non-metallic saucer or a small casserole cover in a shallow non-metallic baking dish. Tie legs together. Tie wings and legs to body.
3. Place the goose breast-side-down on the saucer.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 6 (8) minutes per pound. Turn goose over. Pour out excess pan drippings as they accumulate.
5. Heat goose, uncovered, an additional 3(4) minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer inserted
into the center of the breast registers 160°F. Do not place thermometer in the Microwave Oven.
6. Allow to stand covered 20(25) minutes before serving.