Strawberry Or Raspberry Glaze
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||1 Pint, washed and hulled|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop|
1) In a saucepan, mix together cornstarch and sugar.
2) Slowly add in the water, while stirring.
3) Add in 1/2 cup of strawberries or raspberries. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes till it becomes thick and clear.
4) Add in the lemon juice and a couple of drops of food coloring.
5) Let the glaze cool down.
6) Take the cake or pie and top it with the remaining strawberries or raspberries.
7) Spread the blueberry glaze on top to form a smooth layer.
8) Allow the cake or pie to chill, till the glaze sets.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1078 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 274 g91.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.2%
Sugars 224 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 493.4%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet