Sugar Plum Muffins and Lemon Glaze
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, slightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baby food plum||6 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) Lightly grease a 12-muffin cup mould.
3) In a large bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, vanilla, oil and plums.
4) Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves. Blend the mixture well.
5) Transfer the muffin batter into the mould to fill them upto two-thirds capacity.
6) Bake for about 20 minutes or until spongy to touch and golden.
7) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter and lemon juice to make the lemon glaze for the muffins.
7) While the Sugar Plum Muffins are still warm, spread the Lemon Glaze over them.
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.9 mg12.6%
Sodium 28.6 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet