Ginger Glazed Pear Ring
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, softened|
|Ginger glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Walnut/Hazelnut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Corn syrup||4 Teaspoon|
|Diced pears||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Anjou)|
|Sugar||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Powdered ginger/1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Buttermilk biscuit mix||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together pears with raisins, nuts and lemon peel; keep aside.
3. Grease a baking sheet and keep aside.
4. In a large bowl, stir yeast in warm water.
5. Add biscuit mix, egg and 2 tablespoons sugar; beat to mix.
6. Onto a lightly floured surface, turn the biscuit mix and knead for approximately 20 times.
7. Roll the dough into a 16x9 inch rectangle.
8. Grease top of the rectangle dough with butter and spoon pear mixture over it and spread it evenly.
9. Sprinkle top with remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar.
10. Starting with the longer end of the rectangle, roll up the pastry and pinch seams to seal.
Onto the greased baking sheet, place the roll with the seam side down.
11. Using a sharp knife, make slits until 2/3 way into the rings and at 1 inch interval; turn each section on to its side.
12. Cover the baking sheet and keep in a warm place for 1 hour for rising.
13. Then, place the dish in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
14. In a saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients and heat until it boils.
15. The, simmer for about 5 minutes with frequent stirring.
16. Drizzle hot glaze over warm Ginger Glazed Pear Ring.
17. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg10.5%
Sodium 462.9 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 29.1 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet