Chipotle Molasses Glaze
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chipotles||6 , pureed|
|Cilantro||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Limes||2 , juiced|
1) In a saucepan, combine together the sugar and vinegar.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and then gently simmer till it has reduced by about half in volume. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
3) Add the orange juice and simmer once again till the volume is reduced by half, which is another 10 minutes of cooking.
4) Take the pan off the heat and add the cilantro, chipotle and molasses. Stir well.
5) Use salt and pepper to season to taste. Add the lime juice and mix well.
6) Use or serve as preferred.