Glazed Roasted Shallots And Garlic
|Shallots||2 Pound, peeled (Large Size)|
|Garlic head||1 , separated into cloves and peeled (16 Cloves)|
|Homemade chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a shallow baking pan, spread shallots and garlic in a single layer.
3. In a small nonreactive saucepan, mix broth and lemon juice.
4. Bring the broth to a boil over high heat.
5. Pour the boiling broth over the shallots and garlic in the baking pan.
6. Sprinkle sugar, salt, and pepper.
7. Cover with baking pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
8. Uncover the pan and stir gently.
9. Bake uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes until the shallots and garlic are very tender.
10. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
11. Add the cooked shallots and garlic along with all the cooking liquid.
12. Increase the heat to medium-high.
13. Shake the pan frequently while cooking and cook for 5-7 minutes until the shallots and garlic are golden brown and caramelized.
14. Serve hot in a serving dish.
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 232 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet