|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon (Set Aside)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Slightly beaten egg yolk||1|
|Cheesecake||1 (For Serving)|
1. Take a heavy 1-quart saucepan and mix cornstarch, salt and sugar.
2. Take a small bowl and mix egg yolk with lemon juice and water.
3. Stir in with sugar mixture.
4. Keep on low heat and cook, stirring continuously, till mixture turns bubbly and thick.
5. Add grated lemon peel and butter or margarine.
6. Cool slightly, but not till it sets.
7. Serve with cheesecake.