Raspberry Glaze Pie With Ginger Snap Crust
|Melted margarine||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Gingersnap crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Melted margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla pudding||200 Gram (1 Package)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Take a large clean bowl and combine gingersnap crumbs and margarine together.
3) Now, Blend in confectioners' sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
4) Take a 9 inch pie plate and spread the above mixture evenly on it. Use the back of a spoon to press the mixture firmly on the sides and base of the pie plate.
5) Place the plate in the preheated hot oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
6) Allow the crust to cool down at room temperature.
7) Next, take a saucepan and mix together raspberries and sugar in it. Heat it gently.
8) Once the mixture is heated, lift raspberries and put them aside.
9) In a small bowl, take some hot water and dissolve gelatin in it.
10) Put the dissolved gelatin, margarine and lemon juice in the saucepan that contains berry juice.
11) Allow the mixture in the saucepan to cool, until the mixture thickens.
12) In the meantime, take the pudding package and follow the directions to prepare the pudding. Mix almond extract to the pudding.
13) Allow the pudding to cool and then pour it on the gingersnap shell. Arrange raspberries on top of the pudding and spread the gelatin mixture on top.
14) Place the shell in the refrigerator to chill.
15) Serve chilled with whipped cream and garnish with additional raspberries, if desired.
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg0.9%
Sodium 646.8 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 83.6 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet