Sauteed Acorn Rings With Maple Glaze
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Maple flavored syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Microwave whole squash for 4 minutes on HIGH. Turn squash over and continue cooking for 3 to 4 mintues, on HIGH, or until hot and slightly soft to the touch.
2. Preheat microwave browing grill for 5 minutes on HIGH.
3. Cut squash crosswise into 1 -inch slices. Remove seeds. Spread one side of slices with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
4. Place squash rings buttered-side-down on preheated grill.
5. Microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH. Turn rings over and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, on HIGH, or until squash is tender. Let stand on grill.
6. Microwave remaining butter in glass dish for 30 to 45 seconds, on HIGH, or until bubbly. Stir in syrup and salt. Place squash rings on serving platter. Spoon syrup mixture over squash.