Duck Glazed With Apricots
|Duck||4 Pound (1.8 Kilogram)|
|Butter||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Apricot jam||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Orange juice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Onions||2 , halved and sliced|
– Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– Truss the duck, smear it with butter, and season with salt, pepper and chervil.
– Bake for about 90 minutes, basting with cooking juices every 20 minutes.
– Drain the apricots and reserve the juice.
– In a bowl, thoroughly blend the apricot juice, orange juice and apricot jam. After 20 minutes of cooking, baste the duck with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of this mixture.
– After 60 minutes of cooking, take the duck out of the oven and pour off all the fat. Baste the duck with the remaining juice mixture and put it back in the oven.
– Add onion and apricots after 15 minutes, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes. Take the roast out of the oven, sprinkle it with chervil and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.