|Non hydrogenated spread||5 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Flax meal||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Safflower oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Agave nectar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apple sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Non dairy milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (rice milk used)|
|Non dairy whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 8x8 inch baking dish with oil. Set aside.
3. In a small frying pan, put the non-hydrogenated spread, place it on low heat and let it melt. Add the ginger to the pan and let it cook for around 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, add flax meal and pour warm water. Stir to mix. Set aside to thicken.
5. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, ground cloves, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and mustard powder. Whisk to mix well.
6. To the bowl with the flax mixture, add oil, agave, molasses, apple sauce, non-dairy milk. Mix well till combined. Pour the ginger mixture into this and mix well.
7. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry flour mixture and stir to get a smooth batter.
8. In the greased 8x8 inch baking pan pour the batter and spread evenly.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for around 35 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let it sit for a few minutes before slicing.
10. In a serving plate, serve it as it is as a snack or as a dessert topped with non-dairy whipped cream.
For Recipe of Making Apple Sauce please check out this link - How to Make and Can Apple Sauce