|Seedless raisins||4 Ounce|
|Black treacle||4 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce|
|Plain flour||5 Ounce|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Glace icing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Made With 6 Ounce Icing Sugar, Etc.)|
1. Preheat oven at 325-350°F or Gas Mark 3.
2. In a pan, take raisins and add cold water so that it plumps up.
3. Bring it to a boil. Cover and leave it to stand for 5 minutes. Drain and dry.
4. In another saucepan, melt fat, treacle and sugar. Keep it aside to cool.
5. In a bowl, sieve flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices together.
6. Make a hole in the centre and add beaten egg, milk and syrup mixture and beat until it attains a smooth consistency.
7. Add raisins.
8. Grease and line one 12 inches by 8 inches tin. Pour the above mixture into it.
9. Bake it in the centre of a very moderate oven at 325-350°F or Gas Mark 3 for 45-50 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
10. Remove paper when cool. Top it with glace icing.
11. After the icing is set, cut it into squares.
12. Serve Raisin Gingerbread with tea or coffee.