|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce|
|Black treacle||6 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||2 Ounce|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Preheat oven at 300°F or Gas Mark 2.
2. In a pan, take fat, sugar, treacle and syrup. Heat it over a low flame until fat melts. Keep it aside to cool.
3. In a bowl, sieve dry ingredients. Make a hole in the centre. Break eggs into it and add milk.
4. Add the earlier mixture into it slowly without beating and blend it well.
5. Grease an 8-inch square cake and line it with paper.
6. Pour the above mixture into it. Bake it in the centre of a slow oven at 300°F or Gas Mark 2 for about 1 1/4 hours. Check whether it is done by pressing it. Keep it aside to cool.
7. Remove from tin when it cools.
8. Serve slices of Spiced Gingerbread with a scoop of raspberry sorbet, dollop of lemon curd or a smear of low-fat cream cheese.
Calories 1348 Calories from Fat 507
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.3%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 217.5 mg72.5%
Sodium 1102.5 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g65.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 98.8 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 46.7% Vitamin C 0.53%
Calcium 58.7% Iron 110%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet