|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce|
|Black treacle||6 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||2 Ounce|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Preheat oven at 300°F or Gas Mark 2.
2. In a pan, take fat, sugar, treacle and syrup. Heat it over a low flame until fat melts. Keep it aside to cool.
3. In a bowl, sieve dry ingredients. Make a hole in the centre. Break eggs into it and add milk.
4. Add the earlier mixture into it slowly without beating and blend it well.
5. Grease an 8-inch square cake and line it with paper.
6. Pour the above mixture into it. Bake it in the centre of a slow oven at 300°F or Gas Mark 2 for about 1 1/4 hours. Check whether it is done by pressing it. Keep it aside to cool.
7. Remove from tin when it cools.
8. Serve slices of Spiced Gingerbread with a scoop of raspberry sorbet, dollop of lemon curd or a smear of low-fat cream cheese.