Orange Spiced Gingerbread People
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Light molasses||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Food coloring||3 Drop (If Desired)|
|Candy decorations||1 Tablespoon (If Desired)|
1) Heat the oven to 375°.
2) In a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, 1/3 cup butter, molasses, egg and orange peel.
3) Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, till creamy.
4) Lower speed and add all the remaining cookie ingredients.
5) Beat till well mixed.
6) Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
7) Wrap in plastic food wrap.
8) Chill for at least 2 hours till firm.
9) On a well floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness, one portion at a time.
10) Cut with a 4 to 5-inch cookie cutters.
11) Arrange 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
12) Place in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, till no indentation remains on touching.
13) Cool completely.
14) In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla.
15) Slowly beat, gradually adding milk, till desired spreading consistency.
16) Color frosting with food coloring.
17) Decorate cookies with frosting and decorator candies.
18) Garnish with orange zest and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5773 Calories from Fat 1451
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.6%
Saturated Fat 99.7 g498.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 620.6 mg206.9%
Sodium 1881.5 mg78.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1026 g342.1%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.9%
Sugars 698.5 g
Protein 46 g92.1%
Vitamin A 100.8% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 73.7% Iron 159.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet