Baked Gingerbread Men
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Cinnamon flavored candies||6|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. In a bowl cream shortening, gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
3. Mix well adding molasses, egg and vinegar.
4. Stir well combining flour, soda, salt and spices.
5. Add to molasses mixture, mixing well.
6. Shape dough into a ball, knead until smooth and chill overnight.
7. Divide dough in half and place one portion in refrigerator.
8. On a lightly floured surface roll half of dough to 1/4- to 1/8 inch thickness.
9. Cut with a 4-inch gingerbread man cutter and place on un-greased cookie sheets.
10. Press raisins into dough for eyes, nose and mouth.
11. Use cinnamon-flavored candies or additional raisins for buttons.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 7 minutes.
13. Cool 2 minutes, remove cookies to wire racks and cool completly.
14. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
15. Serve the cookies as snacks, with beverages or use into other preparations if desired.