Molasses- 1 cup
Vinegar- 1 tablespoon
Egg- 1 medium, well beaten
Soda- 1 teaspoon
Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger Powdered- 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon Powdered- 1 teaspoon
Buttermilk- 1 cup
Flour- 2 cups
Flour- for dusting
Butter- 1 tablespoon
1) Preheat oven to 365°F.
2) Lightly coat the inside of muffins pans with butter and dust with 1 tablespoon of flour.
3) In a pan, melt shortening, stir in molasses, vinegar and egg.
4) Add in sifted flour, ginger, salt, soda and cinnamon and fold in alternately with the milk.
5) Spoon the molasses mixture, in the bread pan.
6) Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7) Allow to cool a bit and turn out of the pan.
8) Let the bread cool completely.
9) Slice and serve with hot honey and lemon sauce if desired.