|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crisco||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Prepare the citrus fluff by beating one 1 egg well.
3. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix well. Cook this mixture over low heat till it is thickened. This will take five minutes.
4. Cool thoroughly and fold in one cup whipping cream. Set aside to chill again. Garnish with a twist of orange and set aside till required
5. In a large bowl, tip in the brown sugar, Crisco, egg and molasses and blend well
6. In a large bowl, tip in the flour, salt, soda, baking powder, spices and gradually blend well.
7. Add the molasses to the pan blend well. Add hot water carefully and blend well.
8. Pour this into a 9x9x2-inch baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes till done.
9. Garnish with citrus fluff and serve warm with the bowl of citrus fluff on the side.