Gingerbread With Dark Brown Sugar
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Black treacle||6 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||2 Ounce|
|Dark brown sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||1 , lightly beaten|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Grease a 8-inch square cake tin. Line it with greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a pan, heat on low butter, treacle, golden syrup and sugar. Heat till the sugar dissolves. Stir continously.
4) Take the pan off the flame. Let cool down slightly. Add in the milk and eggs.
5) Into a bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon. Make a depression in the centre and add in the melted mixture. Beat constantly to get a smooth mixture.
6) Transfer the mixture to the cake in. Bake for 60 minutes till the skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.
7) Let the cake cool in its tin for 10 minutes. Unmould onto a rack and take the paper lining off.
8) Let the cake cool down completely.
9) Freeze the cake at this stage by wrapping in cling film. Transfer to a freezer bag. Freeze.
10) Serve the Gingerbread with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
11) To thaw the frozen cake, place at room temperature for 4 hours.
12) Serve as in step 10.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2850 Calories from Fat 951
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g165.5%
Saturated Fat 63.3 g316.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 464.3 mg154.8%
Sodium 2551.2 mg106.3%
Total Carbohydrates 449 g149.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.6%
Sugars 253.1 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 64.1% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 120.8% Iron 277%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet