|Ground ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Pound|
|Black treacle||4 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Butter 2 Swiss roll tins of 12x8-inches each. Line with non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper.
3) Into a bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
4) In a pan, put the butter, sugar, treacle and syrup. Heat gently till ingredients have melted.
5) Take the mixture off the heat. Add the milk and egg and stir well.
6) In the center of the dry sifted mixture, make a well and pour in the melted ingredients. Beat well to mix thoroughly.
7) Into the prepared tins, pour the mixture.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 ½ hours, till the cakes are risen and firm to touch.
9) Cool the cakes on a wire rack.
10) Cut the cooled cakes into 12 shapes using a gingerbread man cutter.
11) If you wish to freeze the gingerbread men, pack them in a rigid container, separating each layer with foil, seal, label and freeze.
12) To serve without freezing, place the gingerbread men on a decorative serving platter and serve slightly warm or at room temperature. If using frozen gingerbread men, thaw at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and then serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.