|Black treacle||225 Gram|
|Soft brown sugar||225 Gram|
|Plain flour||350 Gram|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Use baking parchment or greaseproof paper to line 2 loaf tins of 450 grams each.
3) Melt the lard, treacle and sugar very slowly in a heavy pan.
4) Sift together the spices and flour in a large mixing bowl.
5) Add the eggs and the warm mixture to the flour and spices. Mix well.
6) In a pan, warm the milk and stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
7) Between the 2 loaf tins, divide the mixture equally and bake in the preheated oven for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours, till firm to touch.
8) Let the preparation cool in the tins.
9) Unmold the gingerbread onto serving platter, cut the loafs into slices and serve as a dessert.