|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 X 13" baking pan.
2) In a bowl, whip together shortening and brown sugar.
3) When the mixture becomes creamy, add in the eggs one by one, beating them separately.
4) In another bowl, combine flour, ginger and cinnamon.
5) Add the dry ingredients into the wet little by little along with a little of the molasses each time. Combine well.
6) In a cup of boiling water add 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Add the mixture to the main batter.
7) Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
8) Serve slices of Gingerbread as a teatime snack.