Gingerbread With Light Corn Syrup
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter stick||1 1⁄2|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take a 9 X 9 X 2 inch square cake pan, grease with butter and using a buttered waxed paper, line it.
3. Take a large bowl and sieve in all the dry ingredients, excluding sugar, into it.
4. Place a pan with sugar, molasses, syrup and butter on low heat and warm to melt butter.
5. Pour in melted butter mixture onto the middle of the dry mixture. Stir well. Add beaten egg and milk and using a wooden spoon, beat well.
6. Transfer to prepared pan, place on the center of oven and bake for 30 minutes or till cake rises well and is firm when touched.
7. Take out, keep in the pan for about 15 minutes to cool. Transfer to a wire rack to cool thoroughly. Discard the lining paper.
8. Store for 4 to 7 days for mellowing.
9. Cut into chunks and serve with hot tea as such or top with sweetened whipped cream, apple sauce, sliced peaches or apple butter.