Pear And Gingerbread Upsidedown Pudding
|Ripe pears||3 , halved and cored|
|Golden syrup||2 Ounce|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Take a 7 by 3-inch cake tin; melt the butter or margarine and honey in it, stirring well and then apply this mixture on sides of tin.
3) Place the pears, cut side down in the tin and top center of each with a cherry.
4) Onto a piece of paper, sift together the dry ingredients.
5) In a bowl, mix butter, syrup and sugar, creaming well and then whip in egg.
6) Sift in the flour mixture again using a strainer or sieve, stirring the mixture well with a metal spoon.
7) Make a thick batter by pouring in enough milk.
8) Into the cake tin, pour the batter over the pears and bake for 30-40 minutes on middle shelf of preheated oven until the centre feels firm.
9) Serve hot in a hot dish with cream or ice-cream, or custard. Else serve cold after cooling for 10 minutes in the tin and then transferring onto a wire rack.
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 101.6 mg33.9%
Sodium 267.7 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 42.2 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet