Gingerbread With Whipped Cream
|Milk||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Flour||7 Ounce (200 Grams)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Ounce (At Room Temperature, 120 Grams)|
|Caster sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Egg||1 (At Room Temperature)|
|Molasses||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Whipped cream||3 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Chopped ginger||2 Tablespoon (For Decorating)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas 4. Line the base of an 8 in (20 cm) square cake tin with greaseproof paper and grease the paper and sides of the tin.
2. Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside. It will curdle.
3. In another mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together 3 times and set aside.
4. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well combined.
5. Stir in the molasses.
6. Fold in the dry ingredients in 4. batches, alternating with the curdled milk. Mix only enough to blend.
7. Pour into the prepared tin and baka until firm, 45-50 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm, with whipped cream. Decorate with the stem ginger.
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.2 mg22.4%
Sodium 295.7 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 0.71%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet