Banana And Gingerbread Slices
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (275 Gram / 2 Cups)|
|Ground ginger||4 Teaspoon|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft light brown sugar||4 Ounce (115 Gram / 1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Molasses/Black treacle||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Malt extract||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Orange juice||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Raisins||4 Ounce (115 Gram / 2/3 Cup)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. Lightly grease and line an 18 x 28 cm / 7 x 11 in baking tin.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl with the spices and bicarbonate of soda. Mix in the sugar with some of the flour and sifr it all into the bowl.
3. Make a well in the centre, add the oil, molasses or black treacle, malt extract, eggs and orange juice and mix together thoroughly.
4. Mash the bananas, add them to the bowl with the raisins and mix well together.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until the centre springs back when lightly pressed.
6. Leave the cake in the tin to cool for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Cut into 20 slices.