This gingerbread makes a wonderful, low-fat treat. We eat bread everyday and it’s crucial to eat low fat food, and this recipe is the answer to it. Now you can make your own healthy gingerbread at home and enjoy it for 3- 30 days. The ingredients required are always available in everyone’s kitchen so put your apron on and get set to bake.
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Grated ginger/Ground ginger
3⁄4 Teaspoon, ground
1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground
Whole wheat pastry flour/All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Fortified non dairy milk/Water
1 Tablespoon, powdered
1. In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves and bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Remove the saucepan from heat and let cool completely, either in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
6. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the cooled raisin mixture along with the molasses and non-dairy milk.
7. In the greased baking pan, spread the mixture and bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Sprinkle with the optional powdered sugar just before slicing.
9. Cover and store in a container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
How do you make a healthy gingerbread? Well the solution is right here!! Click on the video and watch to learn how. A dairy-free recipe, this is a good variation to the regular recipe. Full of flavor and simple to make, this is definitely a great try!