|Sifted all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Light molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together and blend thoroughly; set aside.
2. Cream butter; gradually add sugar, creaming until fluffy. Add eggs in thirds, beating well after each addition. Add a mixture of molasses and boiling water gradually, mixing well.
3. Beating only until smooth after each addition, alternately add dry ingredients in fourths and sour milk in thirds to creamed mixture. Turn batter into a well-greased (bottom only) 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
4. Bake at 350°F about 35 minutes, or until gingerbread tests done.
5. Serve with Whipped cream.