|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon (may use a little less)|
|Rolled oats||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Vegan margarine||4 Ounce (115 grams)|
|Golden syrup||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat oven at 325°F/170°C (Gas Mark 3).
2. Grease a baking tray.
3. In a bowl, take wholemeal flour, oats, ginger and salt and mix it well.
4. In a pan, add the vegan margarine, golden syrup and sugar and heat it over a very low flame.
5. Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in a teaspoon of water and add it to the pan.
6. Add the dry mixture in the bowl.
7. In a greased baking tray, pour very small heaps of the above mixture, ensuring that you leave enough space between two heaps as the mixture will spread out.
8. Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 325°F/170°C (Gas Mark 3).
9. Serve Vegan Gingernuts with icing or dry fruits.
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 516.6 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.4%
Sugars 29.4 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet