1) In a 2-quart casserole, place the water and salt.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 3 ½ minutes, till boiling.
3) Add the carrots, rice and gingerroot. Stir well.
4) Cover the preparation with a lid and microwave again on HIGH for 5 minutes.
5) Reduce the heat to MEDIUM and microwave for another 15 minutes, till the liquid has been absorbed.
6) Add the oil, stir well and let the rice stand for 5 minutes.
7) Transfer the hot rice to a serving plate, fluff with a fork and serve right away, piping hot.