Ginger Spice Thins
|Soft margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), warmed|
|Beaten egg||2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Grease baking sheets lightly.
2. Beat the margarine until creamy, adding the sugar while beating.
3. Beat in the molasses, 2 tablespoons egg, and the vinegar.
4. Sift together the flour, soda, salt and spices. Work these dry goods into the beaten mixture, to make a pliable dough.
5. Roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick, and cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds with a plain cutter.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350°F.