Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Rhubarb||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sweetened|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), drained (Slightly Sweetened)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), halves|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Halves Or Larger Chunks)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a bowl, cream the margarine and sugar together.
3) Beat in the egg, molasses and vinegar, blend well
4) In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together and stir into the egg mixture.
5) Stir in the rhubarb sauce, mix until well blended.
6) On a greased or non-stick cookie sheet, drop small spoonfuls of the mixture, 2 inches apart and press a walnut piece in each mound.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or less for softer cookies .
8) Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and serve, when desired.