|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Combine the shortening and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
3) Add in the molasses and egg. Beat well.
4) Combine and sift the flour, soda, baking powder, and spices.
5) Add into the molasses mix and blend well.
7) On a lightly-floured board, roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
8) Using a 6-inch "gingerbread-man" cookie cutter, cut out the dough.
9) Arrange on a baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 350°F and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
11) Serve as a snack.