|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
1. Into a large bowl, sift the flour along with, ginger, soda, and salt. Keep aside
2. In a large mixing bowl, add butter.
3. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk, cream the butter until soft.
4. Add the sugar to the butter and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
5. Scrape the sides of the bowl as you work.
6. Add eggs, one at a time and beat with each addition until well blended.
7. Add molasses and blend in to the batter.
8. Add the flour and mix well to get a stiff cookie dough.
9. Place the dough on a sheet of grease proof paper and mold into a roll.
10. Refrigerate until it is hardened.
11. Preheat the oven to 325°F
12. Remove roll from refrigerator, unwrap and shape into thin cookies.
13. Arrange on a cookie sheet, keeping 2 inch space between each.
14. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly browned
15. Remove from the oven and slide onto a wire rack to cool and harden
16. Serve these cookies with tea or use in desserts.