Mrs Oades' Ginger Crisps
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Golden syrup||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Line a ½ kg loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Grease a baking sheet with oil, butter or baking spray.
3. Preheat the oven to 325° F, 160° C 15 minutes before baking time.
4. In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, soda and ginger and mix in the sugar.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine syrup and butter.
6. Place the pan on a low flame and stir till ingredients melt.
7. Take pan off the heat and stir the liquid into the dry ingredients until well blended.
8. Turn the mixture into the loaf tin and spread evenly in the tin.
9. All the mixture to cool and firm in cool dry area or in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
10. Unmold the firm biscuit dough from the loaf tin and slice into ¼ inch thick slices.
11. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet 1 inch apart.
12. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
13. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
14. Generously sprinkle caster sugar on the cookies while they are warm if desired.
15. Serve the cookies with tea.
16. You can store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container.