|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsulphured molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Blend sugar and shortening to a creamy, fluffy and light mixture. Mix egg and molasses and blend well.
3. Sieve rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Allow to chill in freezer or refrigerator for about 2 hours.
5. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll on granulated sugar.
6. Take greased baking sheets, arrange the balls and bake for about 10 or 12 minutes.
7. Serve at room temperature.