Dessert is everyone’s favorite course, so here is a great dessert recipe Candied Ginger Pears to satiate your sweet tooth. It is surprisingly flavorful and delightful dessert to serve. While preparing this dessert your kitchen is going to fill up with flavors you never thought existed. So, get your pears soon and prepare Candied Ginger Pears to enjoy an unbelievable dessert.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Brown rice syrup
3 Large, halved and core scooped out (4 Small Ones)
Apple juice/Pear juice
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Teaspoon, grate 1" fresh ginger and squeeze juice out
Fine sea salt
1. Heat a dry skillet over medium heat and toast almonds in it for 3-5 minutes until fragrant and golden brown; stir constantly.
2. Transfer to a small bowl or plate to cool.
3. When cool, buzz the almonds in a grinder, food processor or blender until very finely ground.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the rice syrup.
5. Stir in the ground almonds cook over medium low heat until the mixture thickens; keep aside.
6. In a deep skillet, arrange the pears with the cut sides up.
7. Pour the pear or apple juice to the pan along with the ginger juice and salt.
8. Cover the pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7-10 minutes until the pear halves are soft.
9. Spoon the pears on a serving platter and reserving the cooking liquid.
10. Into the reserved cooking liquid, stir in the lemon juice and zest.
11. Stuff each pear with some of the ground almond mixture.
12. Pour the sauce over the pears and serve.
13. For extra sweetness and color, drizzle each pear with 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.
Have you ever tried a dessert with pears? If you haven’t, here’s a start. A delicious vegan-style dessert that combines the flavor of almonds, pears and ginger! A strange combination but appears to come together so beautifully. Watch this step-by-step video to learn how to make it. Remember, you don’t have to be vegan to try his out!!