In the third part of Geoduck and Gin, Chef Andrew Lanier demonstrates how to prepare the geoduck and plates the final dish along side the Counter Balance Cocktail.
Please See Video
1. Boil a pan of water, immerse the geoduck into it, and simmer for 15 secs. Remove it from the hot water and place it immediately into ice water.
2. Just slide the tip of a small knife underneath the shell to loosen the skin and pull the shell off. Trim off the stomach. Now gently slid off the membrane to expose the meat. Slice off the neck of the geoduck into thin parts. Cut the interior parts into medium sized pieces.
3. Take a plate, arrange slices of compressed cucumber.
4. To make the ceviche, mix together diced gooey duck, diced chili, diced cucumber, shallots, fresh mint, olive oil, sea salt and cucumber lime foam. Mix this all together.
5. Spoon them on top of compressed cucumbers.
6. Squirt some lime juice on top.
7. Add slices of compressed melon, add some olive oil, sea salt and gin and put it on top of the cucumber slices.
8. In a bowl, take geoduck slices that are slightly pounded, add some olive oil, sea salt and lime.
9. Add these to the cucumber topping, fresh arugula leaves, kaffir lime, marinated hibiscus, pickled shallot, coriander oil, mint leaves, fresh fennel, arugula flowers, and cucumber foam.
10. Serve hot.
Chef Andrew Lanier takes his penchant for combining modern cuisine with cocktails to a different level with this recipe. In the third part of Geoduck and Gin, Chef Andrew Lanier demonstrates how to prepare the geoduck and plates the final dish along side the Counter Balance Cocktail. A must-watch for sure!