|Gin||1 Bottle (1 l)|
1) Rinse the damson and pat dry, cut them in half.
2) Stone and pack the damson into 4 lb. preserving jar.
3) Stir in the sugar, and the gin.
4) Secure with the lid tightly and set aside for 2 to 3 month, in a cool, dark place.
5) Shake the jar twice a week to mix well.
6) Pass the damson mixture through 2 or 3 layers of cheesecloth, or a layer of a thicker cloth and squeeze dry.
7) Stream the liquid into a smaller jar, seal tightly and leave in a cool, dark place.
8) As the mixture clears syphon the liquid into 2 bottles, equally in each.
9) Stream in the bottles with water up to 3/4 inch from the cork.
10) Put the lid on and store for 1 month before drinking.
11) Serve as desired.