Kiel food preparations lays stress on the use of fresh and healthy vegetable, fruit, dairy and meat produce. Most dishes are fast food items as a result of which the city houses numerous eateries. Popular recipes include - Big Mouth Stew, Borsch, Brussels Sprouts Soup, Cabbage Soup with Paprika, Kielbasa and Raisins and Calypso Kielbasa.
Traditional Kiel Cuisine Recipes
- Kiel Basa Stew is a stew rich with vegetables such as cabbage, potato and carrots along with herbs basil and thyme in flavors of chicken broth and ground black pepper.
- Baked Kielbasa and Potatoes in Sauce is a traditional recipe where potatoes and kielbasa sausage are baked together and served with toppings of tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Big Mouth Stew is a kielbasa sausage based recipe simmered vegetables are mixed with the sausage browned in butter and cream of mushroom soup and served over rice.
- Borsch is a combination of many vegetables including beans, beets, leeks, cabbage and potatoes with kielbasa sausage, bacon and other meat along with seasonings and herbs.
- Brussels Sprouts Soup is an appetizing soup made using chopped brussels sprouts, potatoes, sausages and broth or water.
- Cabbage Soup with Paprika, Kielbasa and Raisins is a soup made of stir-fried or sautéed vegetables simmered along with kielbasa and raisins.
- Calypso Kielbasa where egg noodles are topped with a mixture of browned kielbasa, pineapple juice and seasonings is a sweet and spicy wholesome Kiel Food.