2 Large, mixed with 5 tablespoons milk (for egg wash)
2 Teaspoon (For Topping)
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 356 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour and icing sugar. Beat well till a fluffy mixture is formed.
3) Add the butter, egg yolk, salt and rum. Stir well till the batter is of the right consistency.
4) Shape the batter or dough into cookie shapes of preference.
5) Lightly grease a baking tray and arrange the cookies on it. Coat with the egg wash.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
7) Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool while still on the tray.
8) Carefully remove the cookies from the tray and arrange on a serving dish. Mix together the icing and warm water and use the mixture as a topping. Chocolate glaze can also be used to top the cookies with as preferred.
9) Serve the Christmas cookies as and when preferred.