How to Make German Nut Wedges ( Nussecke )
|Flour||400 Gram, sieved (For Biscuit)|
|Sugar||120 Gram (For Biscuit)|
|Eggs||2 Large (For Biscuit)|
|Baking powder||14 Gram, sieved (For Biscuit)|
|Butter||150 Gram, melted in microwave (For Biscuit)|
|Vanilla sugar||8 Gram (For Biscuit)|
|Rum||2 Teaspoon (For Biscuit)|
|Apricot jam||300 Gram (For Biscuit)|
|Chocolate glaze||400 Gram (For Biscuit)|
|Water||40 Milliliter (For Topping/Filling)|
|Almonds||500 Gram, chopped (For Topping/Filling)|
|Hazelnut||50 Gram, finely ground (For Topping/Filling)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream sugars, and butter well. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
3) Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until the dough forms a ball.
4) Press the dough into a buttered pan. The bigger the pan, the thinner the nut bars.
5) Spread the dough with apricot jam and set aside.
6) Bring butter, sugar and water for the nut topping/filling to a boil on the stove. Stir and cook for several minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is foamy.
7) Stir in all the nuts. Remove from heat.
8) Spoon the nut filling over the crust and smooth.
9) Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until light brown around the edges and set in the middle.
10)Cool completely, then chill.
11) Cut the bars into squares, then across the diagonal into triangles. Remove the cookies to a work surface lined with parchment paper.
12) Melt the chocolate glaze and butter till the mixture is smooth and hot.
13) Dip the bottoms of the nut bars into the hot mixture and remove excess chocolate with a table knife or similar tool. 14) Place back on the parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
15) Serve the nut bars as and when preferred.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8719 Calories from Fat 4191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 492 g757%
Saturated Fat 135.5 g677.6%
Trans Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 745.5 mg248.5%
Sodium 2516.2 mg104.8%
Total Carbohydrates 986 g328.7%
Dietary Fiber 76.7 g306.7%
Sugars 534.6 g
Protein 169 g337.5%
Vitamin A 85% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 255.8% Iron 238.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet