|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||1 Can (10 oz), rinsed, drained|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) Melt butter in a 1 to 1 1/2-quart casserole by microwaving on HIGH for 60 seconds.
2) Mix in flour, salt and pepper.
3) Pour the half and half. Stir well to mix.
4) Microwave the mixture on HIGH for 6 minutes till it starts to bubble and begins to thicken. Keep stirring the mixrure every one minute.
5) Next, mix in the drained sauerkaut, caraway seeds and sugar. Mix once and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes till it has heated through completely.
6) Serve the Creamy Sauerkaut on the side by grilled meat, vegetables and rice dishes.
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.1 mg7.4%
Sodium 614.7 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet