Barry makes some homemade German fast-food - Currywurst.
1⁄2 , chopped
Canned chopped tomatoes
1 Can (10 oz)
Red wine vinegar
1. In a saucepan, heat the oil and add in the onion, sauté until golden brown.
2. Season with paprika and curry powder. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer on low heat.
3. Season with salt, sugar, red wine vinegar and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Place the bokwurst sausages into the grill for 4 – 5 minutes.
5. In a blender, transfer the sauce and blend for a few minutes.
6. Sieve the sauce into a large mixing bowl.
7. Slice the sausages and place into the sauce. Stir well.
Talk about German fast food and here we are with the Currywurst. The streets of Germany have vendors selling this quick bite. 'Currywurst' simply means curried sausage. It is quick and simple and everyone loves it! Watch and learn this recipe from this video. And as always enjoy!