Slow Cooked Bavarian Pork
|Pork hocks||3 Pound|
|Onions||2 , peeled|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green apples||2 , cored|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
1) In a slow cooker, put the hocks, onions, celery, bay leaf, salt, pepper and just enough water to cover.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours, till the hocks are completely cooked.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 25 degrees.
4) Take the hocks out of the cooker and put them in a small casserole, closely packed.
5) Slice the apple into wedges and place them over the hocks in the casserole.
6) Cover the hocks and apples with sauerkraut, undrained, and sprinkle brown sugar all over.
7) In the preheated oven, bake for 3/4 hours.
8) Transfer the hot preparation to a serving plate and serve while still piping hot.