German Lentil Soup
|Lentils||1 Pound (3 Cups)|
|Cold water||2 Quart|
|Onions||2 Medium, diced|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and grated|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In a large soup pot, put lentils with cold water.
3) Add beef bone, vegetables, bay leaves, thyme, and pepper, if desired.
4) Place the pot over medium heat and let the liquid boil gently.
5) Lower the heat and simmer until lentils and vegetables are soft.
6) Remove beef bone and bay leaves from soup.
7) Skim excess fat from soup.
8) From beef bone, remove the meat and dice.
8) Add meat to soup.
9) Slowly stir in lemon juice in the soup and serve immediately.