Jack Pandl's Famous German Pancake
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Lemon wedges||4 (As Required)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Powdered sugar||To Taste (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, milk and salt together.
3) Whisk in the eggs until thoroughly blended and smooth.
4) In a 9- or 10-inch ovenproof skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and shortening, tilting the pan to coat the skillet.
5) Pour in the batter and cook over a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until the pancake has browned at the bottom.
6) Lift edge of the pancake with a spatula and tilt the pan to allow the uncooked batter flow into the skillet.
7) Turn the pancake and make slashes at several places with a knife.
8) Place the skillet in the preheated oven for 12 minutes or until the edges are browned and the pancake is fluffy.
9) Slice the pancake, sprinkle with sugar and serve with maple syrup and lemon wedges on the side.